What makes you stop learning a language?

I suppose the opposite question may be more adequate since it's common to get enamored with a language then drop it once the spark fades, but I wonder what patterns and properties trigger that feeling of "oh, I don't think this is gonna work out" for you guys.

In my case, I think my 2 biggest offenders are 1) not identifying my level right and either spending too much time with the basics or jumping into the deep end too soon, and 2) seemingly arbitrary features that necessitate rote learning early on, as was the case for me with the cases and genders of German that, for now, disheartened me from a language I really like because even the most basic sentences didn't have that positive feedback loop because I knew I was always wrong. But I'm hoping I'll jump back in a bit later on in life!

Pour your heart out!

submitted by /u/IMakeInfantsCry
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/ur7nocf
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments