Hitting a TL plateau of frustration for the first time, any tips and tricks to get through/make the most out of it?

I’ve been learning my TL (LSQ, my local sign language) for around 7 months now and I’m in a low place on the learning curve. At first, of course, I was learning new vocabulary like a woman gone mad, then grammar hit and it was challenging, but liberating in a way. I was now able to express myself more clearly and be understood!

At the moment, though, we’re seeing so much more vocabulary still and we’re expanding our knowledge on grammar (exceptions, subtleties and such), and adding idioms to the lot. I’m thorn between finding it a little too much information to retain and not enough information to be able to sign as fluently as I would like to. I know too much not to see my mistakes and my fumbling, but not enough to correct them appropriately.

I know, that’s learning fo you. I know I need to power through, but gosh darn… It’s so frustrating.

For context, I’m fluent in French and English since childhood, and learned Spanish in HS because it was mandatory, so I never experienced a language learning curve I actually have control over. My current semester of LSQ ends in about 2-3 weeks and I don’t know how to power through the next one, and the one after that, and the one after that…

Please help?

submitted by /u/audreybacgif
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/J5NuSrt
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments