Has anyone else tried not using Duolingo once they got more advanced?

I believe that I’m A2 level in Spanish based on what I have read about the description of the level online. I first started off using Duolingo and later as I became more advanced I began also reading online articles and watching YouTube videos. Now I’m thinking about no longer using Duolingo at all for Spanish because I feel that the vocab tree is less helpful as you start to become more advanced. According to the app, I’m partway through unit three. Instead, I’m considering focusing on reading online articles, watching online content, and using Spanish Dict to practice speaking and to practice writing. Has anyone else tried something similar and if yes what were the results? I’m also wondering if your ability to retain your TL vocab continues to get better as you keep practicing or if it depends on the person. I ask the second question because I’m worried that a less structured Duolingo alternative could affect me ability to retain vocab.

submitted by /u/randomuser2345678
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/2M6wt0G
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments