What is output?

Hello, so I've been doing a lot of research on Steven krashen ...etc. and learning about the whole input first then output, versus speak from day one mentality like Benny Lewis, and I think I prefer more like Steven krashen ideas, I think there's no point in talking to a stranger if you can't even understand them when they respond, but I was curious what exactly is constituted as output? Like I know obviously don't talk to other speakers, but what about to myself? Like I recently started learning french and I find myself talking out loud to myself trying to get used to the sounds of the language and repeat phrases that I've learned, but is that a no no? Im curious as to what your guys' opinions are on that matter? According to input first method, should I try to refrain from speaking out loud at all? Or just not speak with other speakers until I reach output stage? Also what do you think about talking to yourself mentally like not speaking out loud but still saying phrases and such to yourself? Anyway sorry for the long post (。◕‿◕。)➜ šŸ„”

submitted by /u/Brew-_-
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/zgLfR7O
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments