Should I use my native accent or force myself to speak as an American when speaking English?

In my language -Turkish- we do not have w, θ or ð and our r's are more like Spanish single r than an American r, also we do not have most of the American vowels like schwa or æ. When I hear an Italian chef speaking Turkish on a Turkish gurme channel I instantly notice his lacks of ı, ü, ö and h and he does not seem to care a bit or feel himself responsible to improve his way of speaking Turkish even though he live and earn his living in Turkey. What I wonder is if non native Turkish speakers like him do not care to speak Turkish like a native, should I care to speak English as an American and force myself to articulate the letters which do not exist in my native tongue or should I speak with my native accent?

submitted by /u/franksinatra999
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/KlUkCes
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments