Questions regarding French DALF C2 and C2 Italian Exams

(1) Questions regarding DALF C2

Hey, I'm contemplating on whether I should take the DALF C2 (which I’m preparing for even though I haven’t decided yet), which I'm intending to take either at the end of this year or next year, if the COVID situation doesn't worsen. I have a few questions regarding the preparation (probably will have more as the weeks/months go by)

  1. Le Monde vs Le Figaro vs Libération

Which newspaper has (on average) more complex language and texts? Which should I focus on if I'm preparing for DALF C2?

2) Any podcast recommendations? Preferably those that mimique the audio bites in terms of themes, duration and/or style that will be played in the speaking portion of the test.

3) Which aspects of the language should I focus on? Are slang/proverbs/idiomatic expressions/literary-style words important, or should I focus the bulk of my time on standard, academic and formal language? Do I need to focus on being able to actively produce the simple past, or is recognising it enough? Etc.

4) Tips for the exam itself? (pitfalls, etc)

I'm doing this very intensively because I'm RELATIVELY new to French but I am prepared to invest as much time as possible to pass. I mean, if you want to estimate my current level, take a look at the writing pieces I post on my profile. I know passing the C2 exam is not equivalent to actually having a native level, but my intention is to fake it until I make it (i.e. focusing on what is needed to pass, getting the certificate and then focusing on other aspects of the language and culture)

——

(2) Questions regarding C2 Italian exams

Questions regarding Italian C2 Exams

I'm also contemplating on whether to take a C2 French or C2 Italian exam, which I'm intending to take either at the end of this year or next year, if the COVID situation doesn't worsen. I have a few questions regarding the preparation (probably will have more as the weeks/months go by)

These are my questions:

  1. CILS C2 vs CELI C2

Which test is, on average, easier? Which has more practise tests/books of mock tests for preparation? Which do you think has a higher chance of passing? (I don’t care about the price or how recognised it is, I’m more concerned about which has a higher chance of passing)

2) Any podcast/tv programme/radio programme recommendations? Preferably those that mimique the audio bites in terms of themes, duration and/or style that will be played in the listening comprehension portion of the test.

3) Which aspects of the language should I focus on? Are slang/proverbs/idiomatic expressions/literary-style words important, or should I focus the bulk of my time on standard, academic and formal language? Do I need to focus on being able to actively produce the simple past (was asking the same thing for French) i.e. the other tense for ho mangiato, or is recognising it enough? Etc.

4) Tips for the exam itself? (pitfalls, etc)

5) Reading recommendations? (eg. magazines, newspapers, books, authors)- once again stuff similar to the texts that will come out , in terms of themes, complexity, etc

I'm doing this very intensively because I'm RELATIVELY new to Italian (1 year) but I am prepared to invest as much time as possible to pass.

*Bear in my mind that I aim to start preparation around June (after my DELE C2).

Once again, I know passing the C2 exam is not equivalent to actually having a native level, but my intention is to fake it until I make it (i.e. focusing on what is needed to pass, getting the certificate and then focusing on other aspects of the language and culture)

Thanks!

And well, which exam, in your opinion should I go for (first) ?

submitted by /u/noobknight87
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/Kx7eFPT
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments