No one to talk to in target language.

I tend to be disappointed that I cannot speak German very well, despite being somewhat fluent in the written language.

But it's occured to me, of course I can't speak it; I've not been speaking it to barely anyone. You need to practice the spoken language in order to speak, it's just that simple.

So I'm at the point now, where I really think, the only way I can take this language to a higher point of fluency is to befriend another German speaker.

This sucks a bit, because with lockdowns and the fact that I have a whole 3 friends these days, meeting people doesn't come so easily any more.

It also makes me realise, how difficult it must be to learn a language with very few speakers left, unless you live in that community.

Does anyone else face this issue? Can you really learn a language without speaking it?

submitted by /u/Strobro3
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/JelrOdH
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments