How come there isn't any language learning games?

Hi everyone,

I have been trying to learn a specific language for many years. I know quite a bit of vocabs and phrases, but still struggling to speak it. I've tried various apps like Rosetta Stone, DuoLingo, college courses and classical flashcard, but each have their shortcomings.

I remember when I was a kid I learnt English, and Math through some learning games at school. But when I was researching any learning games for adults, they hardly exist at all! That got me thinking of creating a fun game to see if it could help with language learning and eventually be able to use it in the real world. But before start making a new game, I would like to gather some information from you. Especially from those who are currently learning or want to learn a new language.

My questions for you -

  1. What are some pains you commonly face while learning/practicing?
  2. How are you practicing your new language currently?
  3. How much are you spending in the current process? (time, money & etc)
  4. If you could wave a magic wand and change how you are currently learning, what would it be?

Thank you for your help. Here's to learning a new language!

submitted by /u/Revolutionary-Toe661
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/0rTUZBF
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments