Feel like dying when practicing speaking

So I'm a level B1 in this language that I'm learning (probably closer to B2 in reading and listening though because I understand a lot!)

But there is a problem. Whenever I'm speaking to native speakers and other learners I get so embarrassed I feel like dying. My voice becomes really shaky and I will literally sweat and tremble at the same time (cold sweats?). My mouth also gets very dry. It feels like I'm having an anxiety attack🥲

I have tried speaking one-on-one but that's just very awkward and I hate that awkward silence when no one is speaking...

I have also tried group calls with natives and other learners together and that's really awkward too because I feel like everyone is judging me and comparing me with everyone else in the group... Especially since there is always someone in the group who is really good and that just makes me jealous and even more embarrassed to talk because I feel stupid compared to them😭

Has anyone had this problem and how did you overcome it?

submitted by /u/erchuond
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/lCkHcoZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments