Subreddit for Mono English speakers wanting to learn "something" extremely easy.

Hey I've been learning German for a couple of years now but before that my first experimentation with language was with pig latin.

I felt it helped massively as a way to just open my mind at least to the idea of new languages.

Now I found pig latin is very slow when speaking so I made my own version called igpi, it's exactly like pig latin but words that start with a vowel are said exactly as in english (no yay or nay on the end) and words starting in consonant / consonant clusters are said with the consonant (/cluster) at the end of the word but with just an "i" on the end.

For example:

Do you want to practice with me?

Odi ouyi antwi acticepri ithwi emi?

Others might suggest languages like toki pona are an easy foot in the door to the world of languages but imo igpi is like a thousand time easier than toki pona. However when learning German I did use the concept behind toki pona to be able to some what communicate with people before I knew anything so there is ofc great value in toki pona.

So yeah if you want something quick and easy that is maybe also a little more functional than pig Latin feel free to PM me.

Or join my subreddit r/igpi

submitted by /u/Skill4Hire
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3KFjAgu
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments