PLEASE HELP a fellow Doctor !!! Reading ( focusing on individual words or plow through it and just let the brain understand the gist / context of the sentence during reading )

I wanted to ask a general question / opinion . I’m learning German . I wanted to ask that with learning any language , or reading ( both seem same ) , should I focus seeing on the individual words or just keep on reading the words in a sentence with a light focus on the words . This may be hard to explain . When I read in English i focus on the individual words instead of ( like not so much as pausing on individual words but seeing them for what they are instead of just going with the flow and reading the sentence quickly) . I just want to know is my approach correct ? Like I’m afraid that if I leave my this habit I might miss out on the meaning , or I might get poor in my spellings of words . This habit of mine is really making it worse for me to learn German language. Every time I read a sentence in German in first remember the grammatical rules , the articles and then my this bad habit of individual word focusing really slows me down. I can’t enjoy reading worrying I might miss out the spelling or I might miss the grammatical rules . What should I do ? Please help . Ever since I was a kid I had problems with reading . Like if I’m reading “trees” in a novel i sometimes get confused that should I think about trees or should I just read this word “trees “ on and don’t think of it’s picture in my head and let my mind trust it and take care of it . I’m 27 years old and a Medical doctor.also I am a non native English speaker .

submitted by /u/Exam_Responsible
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3Azb6Tn
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments