My plan for learning a language

I'm starting to learn Swedish and I have a plan but I'm not sure if it makes any sense.

I'm not limited by time and I don't have goals like "reach B2 level in a year" or something like this. I just wanna make it easy and chill, so here is what I'm gonna do:

  1. Start with some basic vocabulary and grammar. Learn, say, the 100 most common words and phrases, and learn basic grammar to be able to make elementary sentences.

  2. Just consume content in Swedish intended for children. Read short books for kids and translate everything using a dictionary, watch TV shows and cartoons (for kids again) with subs in Swedish, sometimes translate interesting words and phrases (but not everything).

  3. Learn those words and phrases that I see most often.

Will these steps be helpful? Am I gonna improve my Swedish just by doing this every day (because it's not hard)? I'd like to reach the A2 level but it's doesn't matter for me if it takes 6 months or a year and a half.

submitted by /u/mnsains
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3qqrnGR
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments