Anyone ever regret learning a language?

I’m feeling regret for one of my language choices. I had debated years ago about what language I wanted to be my third and decided on this language. I won’t say what language. Let’s call it language x. I put off the others on my list.

I haven’t been able to use it like I thought I would and the opportunity to use it no longer exists. I’m caught in a sunk cost fallacy. I’ve devoted a year to learning but I regret ever having started and having gone with another of my options. How do I just let go?

I tried starting another language but then felt this guilt about abandoning language x and stopped learning the new choice (they are in the same language family and it would be too confusing for me to do both).

submitted by /u/ParkingAggressive
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/33fopwp
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments