Shift work while studying Korean

Hi,

So recently I got offered a job and that will be very different to my current job as it’s a 24 hour lab which means my work hours are not set and later on, I would have to work certain weekends as well.

I have taken the job thinking it will be beneficial for me as the pay is more which means I can spend more on italki lessons. However, it seems like with such a roster, I’m afraid I won’t have the time for my italki lessons. I usually have to book lessons least a month in advance with my teacher as she is popular. I like to have lessons at a set day/time every week. But now, I’m sure if I can even take lessons now to be honest.. i was planning to even take lessons with another teacher (because my current job allowed that) so I could have two italki lessons a week. I’m serious about learning Korean so I’m pretty upset about it. It’s a hobby that relieves my stress.

Does anyone here take italki lessons or learn a language and have a job that does shift work? How does that work out?

submitted by /u/peachy_skies123
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3J91QJR
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments