Looking for French expression used to convey “high social status”

I am writing a song and I’ve been stuck on it forever and I realized I want the line to be a French expression/phrase.

The expression needs to be ideally 3 syllables, but I could probably make 4 syllables work.

This is partly inspired by Billy Joel using French in his song “Don’t Ask Me Why,” if that helps getting the general vibe.

The line is, “so, now as our paths are rearranged, take your (French expression) and keep the change.”

I’ve been scouring the Internet all morning and gotten some decent hits, but I’d really like something that is an established French idiom/expression that conveys a social status of high class/high society/expensive taste. Fortunately, where the line is located, rhyming is not an issue.

It’s also possible that I’m massively overthinking this, but I wanted to see if any language experts might be privy to something that I am not, or perhaps something that I just haven’t found on the Internet on my own.

submitted by /u/UFOlogy92
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3z3D2Oz
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments