Learning sign language while living between two countries?

I'm from the US but currently live in Germany. I don't think I'll stay here forever but I also don't have a concrete time frame for moving back home. I'm really interested in learning sign language however I'm torn because I have a funny feeling there are significantly more online resources for ASL but DGS (Deutsche Gebärdensprache = German Sign Language) is more useful to me at the moment and I don't think I'd really be able to use ASL while in Germany.

Has anyone gone through something even remotely similar? I remember reading an article in one of my German classes about most versions of sign language are similar enough that you can get by with any of them but I have a feeling this article was full of bs.

submitted by /u/missronathrowaway
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/32ryO7g
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments