Language Swapping?

I took French in school from 13-17. The classes weren’t that great, honestly, and I can’t really say how good I was back then? Maybe somewhere between A2 and B1? It’s been 5 years since I was in a class, so I’m rusty but it’s not all gone.

Last summer I started learning Spanish—watching some shows, listening to a lot of music, some Duolingo. I know way less Spanish, that’s for sure.

Here’s some fun things that happen because of this:

-using words with the same English meaning (e.g. “yo parle l’anglaise)

-unless I’m singing a song, starting out speaking/reading Spanish (maybe switching accents) then switching to a French accent (I’d lose comfort speaking French even back then, but to use a foreign accent on another foreign language? Super weird!)

Just curious, is this because I’m not great at either or is this part of polyglot life at any stage?

submitted by /u/1DisposableMask
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/33VB9Ir
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments