I need help picking a main language to learn

So I’ve become completely obsessed with foreign language lately. I used to hate it because of my freshman year Spanish teacher but lately I’ve grown to love it just as much as I did before that damn class. Only problem is, I’m interested in so many languages and I don’t know what to pick, so here’s each language and why

Spanish - I think it’ll be easy to remember as well as good for family reasons. Think I would be able to connect with the Mexican and hispanic parts of my family better

Korean - I love Korean culture and would love to travel there someday. I also have friends who love the language and culture as well as Korean immigrant friends and teachers who know the language. Think it would be very fun

Russian - always have been fascinated with Russia. Mostly the music and alphabet as a kid but as of recently the history and culture have become vv interesting. Think it could be the most enjoyable one to learn for personal use

Chinese - mandarin is hard asf and I think it would just be cool to say “I put time and effort into this and now i know this thing a lot of people don’t” (also since China is taking over the world maybe it would be useful for the future)

German - dad used to live there, love some books that were written there, love the philosophy from there, love the history and politics (except for ofc that one part)

That’s about it. tell me what y’all think would be the best one to start!

submitted by /u/Flipfonez
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3EmmxOD
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments