Using textbooks for acquiring vocabulary.

Hello everybody.

I've been thinking about it for a few days and have decided to write a post concerning the use of textbooks when it comes to gaining words, phrases, idioms, etc.

So, my main source of new vocabulary is exposure to the language: books, Netflix, articles on the internet, YouTube... as well as flashcards i create myself and review. Recently i kind of implemented new way of learning vocabulary into my life. I started using upper intermediate-advanced textbooks like English vocabulary/phrasal verbs/collocations/idioms in use.

The problem is, i don't know if it's worth it. I mean it takes like 1-2 hours a day to study those 1-2 units, create flash cards with new expressions and words and complete the excerises from previous units. I feel like i might want to use that time doing other activities like i can read a book, watch a movie, continue binging tv seires... I feel like i'm wasting my time, yet at the same time i manage to remember new words and expressions which i eventually come across (thanks to anki) either in books or movies.

What do you guys think about it? Do you use textbooks either?

submitted by /u/Wooziel
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3jRSUxm
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments