Is it possible to keep improving your second language?

Not sure if this is the right subreddit to post it but I feel I am stuck with my second language learning process and don’t really see any improvement recently. So, a little background about me. I moved to the US when I was around 19 and spoke with little English. Now I am 25 and doing my master in liberal arts (also did liberal arts for my undergrad). But I always feel I am not enough or I can’t express myself fully with English. I always want to have someone who could check my writing and i am constantly aware of my grammatical mistakes. When it comes to reading and listening I just don’t feel the same as I read in my mother tongue. I read scientific articles saying when people start to learn a language after the age of 12 or something, he or she will never be as good as the native speaker. Is it true? And if I am just stuck with the wrong mindset, is there a way to improve my language even more?

submitted by /u/gappoppop
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3mfzHr4
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments