Polyglots, I need you to be completely honest with me.

How long realistically can it take to be fluent in, say, other 8 languages? Here is a list of my languages, some which I am already studying. The last three are still on hold, they are academics languages, and dead tongues. Assume I want C2 proficiency unless otherwise stated.
1 - Mother tongue: Spanish

2 - Second: English (C2 certified)

3 - Third: Italian (B2 at the moment)

4 - Fourth: German (A2) (So far this has been the hardest for me for some reason. I didn't have this much difficulty with English as I've had with German, even Japanese was easier for me.)

5 - Japanese (left it in second level but want to get back at it): I want to achieve at least N3 (roughly B1-B2) fluency.

6 - Portuguese (I don't think I will have any problem with this one, for obvious reasons.)

7 - French (How long could it take?)

8 - Latin

9 - Greek

10 - Nahuatl

submitted by /u/Ijusthadtoshareameme
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3oez2HM
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments