I need some guidance as to how to learn the Russian Language

I am a 2nd year medical student currently studying in Belarus. As per our curriculum, we must learn Russian as a subject. I know the majority of you all must be thinking this is easy but there are several problems:

1). Our teacher, herself, doesn't speak any English and we must understand the majority of what she teaches via constant repetition and intonation. Furthermore she focuses mainly on Grammer (it must be perfect for her)

2). Secondly, the university I attend has a large number of students of my own nationality (Sri Lankan) therefore we spend the majority of out time conversing in English or Sinhalese.

3). The Belarussian students themselves do not speak English therefore there is a huge disconnect between the two groups of students.

I have tried Ankii revision of words, I have put in a lot of time and effort yet I am not working smart. I still have difficulty with grammar and forming sentences. One skill I have developed is reading Russian which I can do at a comfortable pace (but there is always room to improve)

I think that instead of self studying it may be worth it purchasing a subscription to RussianPod101 and gaining the help of a 1 - 1 tutor; however I am not sure that the investment in the subscription may be worth it.

I really require some guidance as to how to tackle this problem I am facing. I want to learn Russian but the circumstances are stacked against my odds. I want to change it and any input will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!!

submitted by /u/No-Edge-8134
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3ieWCAa
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments