routine and exercise critique

I am new to language learning and I am currently trying to learn Spanish. I was wondering if anyone could critique my routine. I have been improving but feel as if it is only because of the amount of hours that I am studying and not the quality of those hours.

The routine goes like this.

I will listen to a 20-30 minute audio lesson, making note of any mistakes that I make. I will review and practice those mistakes for a few minutes, and then repeat the same lesson again. I will do this for 2 lessons. Next is a writing exercise. I will try to write a story using words from my vocabulary list from memory, making sure to use correct grammar and sentence structure. I will then record myself speaking that story and I will send it to a tutor for review. Each day I try to add more and more to the same story using more and more new vocabulary words. Then it's either a tutor session or Anki flashcard review. The tutor session is just grammar, sentence structure, etc. The flashcard review is usually around 100-300 words. The last hour or so is shows / movies with subtitles.

This routine usually takes around 4 hours a day mon-sun, so about 24 hours per week

I review flashcards at work when I am able to, and I also listen to music the entire night, which is usually 5-6 hours.

Is there a better routine or exercise that you have found that works for you? If so, what? Thanks.

submitted by /u/AnimationStation2
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3yvlI36
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments