Learning Norwegian and Danish

I love learning languages, even though it was forbidden to me at home. My grandma was Norwegian and since she was my main caretaker for most of my early years, she spoke norwegian most of the time, ergo I learned it pretty fast as a toddler, though my mother did not like that and forbade it, since - frankly - she doesn't speak it too well.

I still can read and understand a lot in Norwegian, but am lacking vocabulary when trying to speak. My current partner is from Denmark and while it is super easy to read Danish, understanding and pronunciation is still something I struggle with.

We now started reading an old language book from my grandma together and it is fun (especially because the language is super old and formal, so we sound like we are at a posh tea party), but do you have any suggestions on how to get better in both Danish and Norwegian? I thought about reading out loud some old stories to each other or watching some cartoons in Danish, but recommendations are always more than appreciated!

On the side I also am learning Italian right now, for which I found great books, series and have a friend who is helping me understand grammar better. If you have any input on that, I appreciate that, too!

submitted by /u/SenzaRimpiantiC
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/38tDqcE
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments