Learning Chinese after Japanese?

Hello, it's been a long and hard process with my Japanese language journey. I'm now somewhere at N3-ish level after 2 years of study in university. I've been planning to learn Chinese ever since I got to uni, but the course wasn't available so I opted for Japanese first. Do you think it would be best if I first reach a higher fluency in Japanese before I start Chinese? Lexical similarities aside, I know that there really aren't much similarities with the two languages. And in terms of grammar and speaking, I'll have to start from scratch. I'm just concerned if it would be better to get to N2 first before I fully focus on Chinese (complete beginner & self-study) or should I split my attention to both and learn the two languages alternately. Which method would be better in your opinion/experience to maximize learning?

Thank you!

submitted by /u/spottie-fy
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3mLfkm1
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments