Which language for understanding grammar?

I am returning to college at the age of 26 and decided to tackle a second language --- which I studiously avoided on my first round.

Besides intellectual and cultural edification, my main goal is to understand the mechanisms of grammar at a deeper level. My incredible writing teacher is inspiring me to write well. I think a second language would help.

Which language do you think will help me best understand the logic of grammar? Yes, I know, Latin and Greek. But I will only consider modern and frequently used European languages: French, German, Spanish, Italian, Polish, Russian, Portuguese. Maybe I can stretch to Arabic.

Any recommendations? Thank you!

Any recommendations?

submitted by /u/GuyAgiosNikolaos
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/2WGpwkZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments