Questions vs Conversation

So, of the four aspects of language, speaking and especially listening are my weakest. To help this I sometimes get my native speaker friends and my teacher to talk to me in my target language. Now, I have noticed a HUGE difference in my comprehension and ability to respond when there’s a prompt vs when we have a casual, organic conversation. For example, I was able to have a full 30 min conversation with my friend once when it was just him and I talking we were doing that day and stuff from when we were kids, etc. But, when someone has a prompt or asks me questions-which is usually designed for people at my level-my brain ceases to function. Is this normal? Does anyone else have this problem?

submitted by /u/hockeybelle
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/37dyqbw
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments