Question on the French "R"

Hello, I'm new here, so I apologise if I'm ignoring any subreddit conventions.

Before I ask my question, I'd like to provide some context; I grew up speaking English and Malay and have learnt a bit of Arabic and Japanese as part of my school curriculum. I am learning French for work purposes. My main learning platform is Memrise and French shows

So as per the title, I was wondering what's the proper way to make the French "R" sound. To me it sounds a bit like the Arabic "خ" and sometimes "غ ". It'd be great if anyone could clarify how it sounds in relation to the languages I'm familiar with if at all possible.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/Black_Mountain1
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3xiHBSC
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments