How long did it take you to learn multiple languages as an adult?

I'm currently learning Spanish through classes I am taking as well as listening to podcasts. I'd say I am about an intermediate level speaker but I can have conversations with people depending on the accent. Recently, I'm starting to pick up French through Spanish on Duolingo but I would love to learn a couple more languages past that. I am curious to know how long it took all of you to learn multiple languages for anyone who started as an adult. Were you able to keep your other languages from getting rusty? I am curious as I get deeper into learning multiple languages and maybe pick up some tips on ways to not let the languages I learn get rusty.

submitted by /u/thatguy440614
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3ibEDLw
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments