Has anyone successfully learned a language to a high level by watching native content straight from the start?

Or am I doomed? I'm learning Spanish and tried to get that comprehensible input everyone praises from Dreaming Spanish and other simple beginner-friendly content but it bored the hell out of me. I couldn't remember anything in it and I hated every second I watched.

I've been watching Spanish Netflix shows with Spanish subtitles and it's way more engaging though a little discouraging because I'm aware of all the words I do not know, but since it's all drama/action I can understand what the characters mean from context.

I just want to learn faster! I'm a slow learner but I hate not knowing things.

submitted by /u/111cake
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3j8zMds
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments