Feeling burnt out and unmotivated to learn languages

I’m at a point in general with learning languages where I just no longer feel the drive and yearn to learn. Ofc I’ll watch YouTube videos endlessly, but I’ve reached a hard realization that I have no use for languages in my career really. There is only really one language that is somewhat relevant for me to learn (russian because I was adopted as a smol kid) but I couldn’t get myself to learn even the basics without feeling bored and not being able to talk to anyone. I’ve been trying to keep up with my German for 2 years now and off again after having a big hiatus after highschool(I absolutely loved it and I loved having the school teacher) so I have regressed significantly thus I really haven’t been making any progress. And I’m trying to stick chinese here and there cus it’s just interesting to me…. Do I have too many eggs in too many baskets like I’m just getting interested in too many languages so I can’t focus properly? Should I drop everything and just learn only one now ? I really don’t know what to do because I feel then the time and money invested into those resources are now wasted.

submitted by /u/HowToBritz
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3fbQQh9
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments