Learning Lao

So my bf and his family are Laotian and I've been trying to learn the language for a while now and am horribly failing. English has become my bf's 1st language and though he speaks Lao to his family and in other occasions its not all that often. I've been able to learn a few words from him but not sure how to really go about learning the language so I can communicate better with some of his family including 1 who speaks as much English as I do Lao (a couple of words). I've bought a few books that don't really click. I've tried YouTube videos and a couple have helped with a couple of words but there is so little material compared to other languages. I've found some music to listen too that helps some (once I get the translation memorized). Anyone here who is a native speaker or someone who has learned the language themselves have any tips? Favorite material that really helped? If anyone has some TV shows or movies in Lao with subs (and where to watch) they can recommend that would be appreciated too.

submitted by /u/DeathAngelisLost
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/2U6FmnC
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments