I've got a bit of a problem. I've been learning one language (Italian) for several months now, but the upcoming school year requires that I take a different language that I have no experience in. I'm worried it'll interfere with my Italian learning.

I've been learning Italian, my first non-native language, for several months, and I love it. I've practiced pretty consistently using a few different resources. I'm happy with my progress, but I recently learned that I'll be required to take French this school year.

Part of me is happy because I was originally planning to learn French after I became well-versed in Italian, but now I don't know what to do about my Italian learning. I could try and learn both of them at the same time, but I also feel like that would hinder my progress in both of them and get confusing. Taking French is mandatory, and I don't really mind because I'll have a (hopefully) good resource for learning, instead of learning it by myself, but I don't want to lose my Italian progress.

Gah, I don't know what to do! Could I start learning French and just review what I already know in Italian so I don't forget it instead of trying to learn new things? If I did that, then once I get out of school what will I do? Forget French and continue Italian? It seems like it's one or the other. Help!

submitted by /u/Suspicious_Plant4231
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3xbuAuO
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments