In-depth English resources for native speakers?

I've been trying out German on Duolingo to see if I like it enough to get serious about it, but I'm actually finding myself becoming increasingly interested in English and the structure of sentences and grammar in general.

I haven't "studied" grammar since grade school but I have the foundational knowledge. I'm really interested in the evolution of the English language as well. I read a lot of literary fiction - right now reading Mason & Dixon by Pynchon and Absalom, Absalom by Faulkner, and the command that they both have over the language is fascinating to me - note: I'm not asking to learn how to write like this, but moreso looking to consider English from a more analytic viewpoint.

Could someone recommend a book (or course, website, etc.) aimed at native speakers looking to truly master the language? Preferably something that starts at a freshman university level and goes from there.

submitted by /u/FUCKUSERNAME2
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3xUus30
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments