Spanish or French

I'm from Canada and I love French and Spanish. I've tried learning both at the same time but it interfered with a lot of my school work so I had to stop. I know a decent bit more Spanish than I do French. I've never actually used my French at all even though I live in eastern Canada (Newfoundland and Labrador). I have used my Spanish tho. I was in Spain before covid started and it was absolutely amazing. I had a conversation with a guy at McDonald's and it was the best feeling I've ever had, he also said I spoke Spanish very well for a teen that's never been outside of Canada. Anywho, I love both languages fairly the same. I mean French is an official language of my country and also I have very strong French roots. All of my ancestors are French, including my last name.

Personal interest also play a big role in why I can't decide between French and Spanish. French is found in just about every major sport besides baseball. Whereas Spanish is in about every major sport besides hockey. I love both baseball and hockey.

I've been stuck on this for a while, and some of my friends are saying I'm overthinking it way to much and I should just learn french based on the things I'm talking about.

P.S my favorite music is Spanish reggaeton, I absolutely LOVE it.

submitted by /u/Levesque1231
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3yLH3Xn
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments