Recording experiences with endangered languages

I'll be spending a lot of time with Even speakers this year, and will be doing my best to learn it. Even is an endangered Tungusic language spoken in the far northeast of Russia by nomadic reindeer herders, mostly in Sakha. There are less than 6,000 native speakers, so this is a pretty crazy opportunity.

Due to the rarity of the language I'd like to record my experiences trying to learn it for my own memories at least and to record the speech of native speakers. Is this something other people would be interested in watching?

This could be a vlog, a short homemade documentary, or anything in between. Trying to get a feel for what's worth capturing.

submitted by /u/elencus
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/2RVIzpd
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments