Positives about learning a language aided by Coursera courses

Just want to give some positive feedback on learning a language with Coursera!

I recently did the intermediate 1 Korean course on there and I really enjoyed it. It takes up to 6 weeks/ 12 hours total. https://www.coursera.org/learn/korean-language-intermediate

I think as online free courses go, it’s very well laid out. I attend a Korean class already twice a week so I found it mainly helpful as just a different form of additional learning and would absolutely recommend it. There’s lots of repetition for reinforcement and overall it’s been a nice additional learning tool.

It has a mix of videos, reading, practicing exercises, midway quizzes to see what you remember and if you understand and what you’ve learned.

Just wanted to add my two cents as I’ve heard many mixed reviews on Coursera language classes and I think you get a good deal considering they are free. They’re not going to be your main platform for learning but they certainly are a nice addition to just trying to decipher new grammar points by just reading a book or googling/YouTubing things. It also gives you structure if you’re not very good at learning by yourself(which I’m not!)

For anyone interested, the university it is run by also do more Moocs on their own website(beginner, intermediate and advanced levels).

http://www.kmooc.kr/school/SKKUk/

Have fun šŸ¤—

submitted by /u/freedomsearch-
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3ftDddZ
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments