I struggle with accessing vocabulary

I’ve been learning Spanish for about five months now. For the majority of the time I have focused on listening and reading and I have made great progress there. I can read quite well, even if I have to look up words frequently. I can understand the majority of what is said when listening to spoken content. My overall grasp on the core vocabulary is quite good, I would say; passive vocabulary, that is.

About a month ago I started taking iTalki lessons twice a week. When talking I generally don’t struggle with the grammar a lot but I have trouble remembering even basic vocabulary. This is of course expected. There is no way you can speak fluently from the beginning. What troubles me, though, is that I don’t think I’ve been improving over the course of these lessons. Both the amount of words and the type that I can’t remember remains the same.

Does anyone of you have experienced something like this? If so, what are your strategies for overcoming it (other than just giving it more time and continue practicing)?

submitted by /u/Nubbikeks
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/2R1IxvB
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments