Can you suggest some great career options in the field of Languages (studying a foreign language)?

Hello everyone,

I have this question in my mind for quite a long time now and since none of my family or friends have a clear idea about this field and its future, I wanted suggestions and advice from you all.

A little overview of my academics and stuff :

So basically I am quite fluent in English (which is included in our curriculum since nursery/kindergarten) and my mother tongue (Hindi). I also learned Sanskrit at school for 6 years but I can't really speak it as the course structure focused more on reading and writing rather than speaking. I won't completely blame the school or course since I never took it seriously, still find it a very beautiful language with a vast vocabulary. I was good at science and maths so I opted for it for my senior secondary education (XI-XII grade). I mostly did maintain my performance at school but found myself incompetent preparing for engineering entrance examinations, scored average in the first two attempts which won't be enough to land in a top or good university due to intense competition. I did study a lot in two years and excelled in my class (kinda isolated myself from various social media platforms, therefore I'm new to Reddit and discord) but still, the pattern differs so much that you need a separate coaching class and sheer determination to clear it. My elder brother and some of my friends did it and are in top colleges, which made me realize that maybe it was some sort of peer pressure that forced me into this.

As covid 19 cases spiked, my final exams and all entrances got postponed till the situation is under control. It is a really terrible time and I lost many acquaintances. I decided to stop my preparation and discover my interests and strengths for peace of mind.

I love to explore music genres in various languages like Mandarin, Korean, Romanian, Arabic, Italian, and many more. I really wanted to learn Korean and Japanese since I was in middle school when I got introduced to K-pop, K-dramas, webtoons, and anime. Yet I never managed to make time during school to maintain my grades, but now that I wanted to refresh and give myself a break, I started learning Korean. Here is a short update on my 1 month of learning Korean. I am exploring other languages too and started preparing for the entrance of Bachelors in a foreign language. I am preparing with my full potential and a clear goal to achieve in my head. This actually motivates me to study for long hours without being frustrated like I used to get while preparing for my finals.

Yet my parents and I are a little uncertain in changing fields, I hope you all understand my situation and provide some fruitful suggestions and advice.

submitted by /u/Kring_kim
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3yNUB4L
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments