Babbel Live class experience

So Babbel added a live classes sometime earlier this year, where users can take a class with an instructor and other students. I took one today and wanted to talk about my experience for anyone who was interested! Disclaimer: I use Babbel for Spanish and I’m also a beginner, so the experience might be different for other languages and/or more experienced people.

Structure: So there are classes basically all day because the instructors come from around the world. Each class is an hour long, and they’re labeled by two things: 1) the level of the class (A1, A2, B1, etc through C1) and 2) the topic of the class. Each class has a topic that corresponds with level of the class, so the A1/A2 classes go over more basic/beginner topics like talking about your talents or about your family, and the more experienced levels talk about more difficult concepts like expressing your hopes and fears. Additionally the more experienced levels expect you to understand more grammar/vocab.

The classes also are with other people. As you sign up for class, it will tell you how many seats are left or if it’s fully booked. My class was with 3 other people, but I noticed some classes had up to 6 seats open.

My experience: I took my first class today! Booking is very easy, I did it literally the night before. Before you sign up for the class, you’re able to access class-related material to review/have during the class.

The class I signed up for was an A2 level class and it was about talents, abilities, bothers. I took the class with 3 other students, which I felt like was a perfect size. The instructor was really great — he spoke in Spanish the entire time so it really pushed me to listen and understand, the material required us to talk basically the entire time (although we took turns obviously), and he was very encouraging. I also personally enjoyed the class being with other people because it felt like less pressure/less awkward. The hour went by so fast.

Overall, I thought this is an awesome feature of Babbel. I pay like $6/month for Babbel, and I get two classes per billing cycle. Although that’s obviously not a lot of classes, it’s pretty great for paying $6/month, plus all the other features of Babbel. I think Babbel Live would be really great for anyone nervous to take a live class and beginners in particular. I’m now super excited to use my next class, and feeling less nervous about getting a more consistent tutor on iTalki in the future. If you have a Babbel subscription, def take advantage of Babbel Live!

submitted by /u/dreamraising
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3uEgujy
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments