Mixing up french and spanish

Hi!

So, I've been learning french for a few years now and I'm at a pretty comfortable level (I got my B2 delf and could probably get the C1 as well). I still make silly mistakes sometimes but I think I'm able to speak French quite naturally.

The thing is, I have to take spanish in college right now. I have already studied spanish for about 4 years in middle school and, as a brazilian, I used to think I was not that bad at it. I can understand it pretty much 80~90% of the time and I can read it as well, but when had to SPEAK in class.. oh god.

I was speaking spanish but I just kept mixing it up with french and it was so embarrassing at times. Even though I know a lot of words, my mind just goes blank and I can only think of french words. The two languages are so similar but I'm way more used to french and it's so hard to "convince" my brain that I'm trying to speak spanish lol

Has anybody been through a similar situation?

submitted by /u/glimac_
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3vzDNw0
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments