I need some tips from you Italy-experts. Any tips appreciated greatly!

Hey guys! I'm going to take an exam in Italian this spring, which I am now preparing for. The exam is not super advanced, more like a medium level. I will be tested partially in my ability to speak Italian, and partially in my knowledge of Italian culture, history, etc.

This is the way the exam works:

  • They first give me a subject, which is usually something relevant or recent. Like: if I were to read the newspapers every day for the last year (or 3 years), what would be the most important things? (that is not related to corona)
  • They then ask me to talk about this subject for approximately 10 minutes. They might ask me some questions to make me showcase my knowledge.
  • After this phase, I am given the task to talk for 20 minutes, and here I can talk more broadly, and showcase my general knowledge of Italian culture and history. I dont need to know things very in depth, but being able to know the broad strokes and show a fundamental understanding of the country is important. Which historical events are particulary important in shaping the Italy that we have today? Which cultural aspects of Italy are considered very central and important?

I already know some of these things myself, and I am naturally planning to do more research alone, but I figured I could ask some of you Italy-experts for advice. What could be smart to learn and prepare for? In your opinion, what are the things that could be important?

I would greatly appreciate any tips!

Thanks in advance :-)

submitted by /u/Hirnbeisser
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3dUMn2r
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments