Which country would you like to emigrate to?

I’m wondering which country you live in and where you would rather like to live, language-wise.

I know for a fact that I don’t want to spend all my life in Germany. Politically, economically etc. it’s a great country. Sure it does have a few laws where you genuinely wonder why on earth you would need a law for such small thing, but it’s acceptable. I didn’t have any trouble yet, and that’s a good thing.

But choosing a country to live in is so difficult for me. There are a few languages I am very passionate about: Chinese, Japanese, English ofc, French and Spanish.

As for the latter two, I learned French for three years and suck, and I barely know Spanish at all, but I know it would be easy to learn. And both countries are pretty close to me, so I would be able to regularly visit my family. My grandma even lives in Spain!

As for Chinese and Japanese I’m also not fluent, but I’d be ambitious enough to get better at it. The big con against living in either country is: I’m terrified of natural catastrophes. Living in Europe every kind of catastrophe just happens somewhere else, I’ve never been affected by anything worse than lots of heat, cold or ice rain. That can’t be compared to hurricanes, earthquakes and tsunamis. I can’t live there because I wouldn’t feel safe considering this.

The easiest option for me would be moving to an anglophone country then. I’m fluent, I love this language so much and there are a lot of countries that I admire.

I would just love to emigrate to America, but I’m honestly scared because of what I learn from the media: guns, Karens and also natural catastrophes. Crime seems to be a daily thing (I watch too much TV shows from America, maybe it’s not even that bad). But I love the American culture, especially in LA, because from what I see on the media it’s lovely people from everywhere, they do roller skating a lot and people don’t seem to care if you’re different. That’s the spirit I like.

It’s so far away though, so I will probably stick to the UK. Close to my home, so many sweet accents, it’s just great. And it doesn’t seem dangerous at all!

The Scandinavian countries are also very great, and I think you can get along there pretty well just knowing English, right? I still consider going there as well.

There are too many options and I’ve got no idea how to decide!

Another thing you have to consider when emigrating is your job, obviously. So what do you all work as, or want to work as after emigrating to your chosen country?

I’m pretty lucky because I’m still in college. I have so many options to choose from and I can consider the emigration plan when deciding on a job. But even with a lot of options, I still don’t know what to do. There are so many jobs and they have different qualities. My father said if I wanted to work abroad it would be best to choose something that is wanted there. He’s often been abroad and he said German bread is something people love. Is that true? And the same with German engineering or psychology (that’s apparently because of the accent, it’s said to be calming (can’t relate, I hate my accent lmao)).

submitted by /u/Ottaro666
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3u5RKRr
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments