I do not know how to learn a new language. It just seems so overwhelming... Please help

I want to learn to speak Russian and Italian. I had Russian as a subject in school and I went to a couple of courses in Italian, but that was years ago and even then I was not really good at these languages (well, my Italian was okay-ish but my Russian was terrible). I am interested in methodologies I can use to master these two languages since I learned English as a child and I honestly have no freaking clue how I managed to become fluent in it. I figure that learning the two at the same time is not a good idea, which I do not intend to do anyway since I am struggling with learning one language, let alone two.

Anyhow, I do not know whether I should listed to youtube clips, watch cartoons in that language, attend courses or something else. I feel like writing words in my notebook does not increase my skills a lot when you take into consideration how much time I spend doing so. Duolingo is interesting, but it does not provide you with enough resources to truly learn a language. Also, I figure that conversation is the key, but I do not know how to develop this skills by myself.

TLDR: Please provide me with some benifitial tils for learning a new language.

submitted by /u/Significant-Tea8506
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/39wbp57
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments