How did you decide which language you wanted to learn?

I never really enjoyed language classes in high school and only did the bare minimum. I never could find the motivation to go beyond getting good grades and held the ignorant opinion that “I will never need to use this language”. Traveling a lot over the past year has seriously increased my global awareness and I’ve realized that I would like to learn another language. Should I learn a language that would be potentially useful for everyday life in America (Spanish probably), or a language of a country that I would enjoy the media of or studying abroad at? (Germany or Austria most likely).

To sum it up: should I learn a language with utility or something that I would have more fun with.

submitted by /u/UrbanizedCaveman
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/31BgHbk
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments