What Kind Of Goals To Set?

So aside from broader goals like “I want to be conversationally fluent”, what are some good goals someone should set early on? I know it’s difficult to make broad suggestions but I feel like there’s gotta be something there. Especially for speaking.

For me and Swedish, the “broad” motivation is for when I’m visiting my friends I would love to have a stronger grasp over time (And yes, I KNOW the whole “they speak good English” thing, I’ve had that explained more times than days in a decade) I still want to learn it since it might be a future home for my family.

I’ve set goals like “finish this book” or “finish this workbook” but for conversation it’s harder to pinpoint. If I wanted to pick up other languages that were purely for fun, I’d just set small goals and be happy, but I genuinely wanna get to a strong level with Swedish. Especially verbally.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/IntrepidHours
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3uJut8Y
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments