Romance language accent

I have no native background in romance languages at all, but I've been learning Spanish and french for some time now, and I'm at a point that I can understand a good amount of conversational stuff, either because I know the words or by putting together the context. So naturally I'm trying to get into spanish and french media, watching shows and movies. But the issue is, I just can't handle the accents. Both french and spanish people, they talk so fluidly and so fast, it's literally impossible for me to understand more than a word or phrase here and there. When I turn on spanish or french subtitles though, I can pretty easily understand what they're saying, but that just frustrates me because that just proves I know enough of the language, and yet I'm no better than a beginner when it comes to understanding. How can I get better at dealing with these accents?

submitted by /u/thePopo123
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3aZIiIU
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments