Mandela effect with Urdu/Punjabi today

I was looking up Punjabi because it was a CLI language, I've always thought of it as a north Indian language, when I learn it's more spoken in Pakistan. That's normal, it's not like I have the demographics memorized of every language; then I see it's actually the most spoken language in Pakistan. This confused me because I thought the Pakistani language was Urdu, not just the official language, but the most spoken one. So I look up Urdu and, of course, it's more spoken in India than Pakistan, but not only that it's only the fifth most spoken Pakistani language with only 7% native speakers? (source).

I feel like I've been living in another universe and apparently I should relearn where which languages are spoken.

submitted by /u/reallyageek
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/37WNATw
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments