Learning languages.

Learning languages [in my case] seems to be a lot easier when you are conversing with somebody over it directly.

Sorry if the flair is wrong, I was unable to find a fitting one. Hopefully this doesn't mean that this type of post isn't allowed here :[

I have been trying to learn multiple languages over the course of around 5 years. I have been forced to try and learn a language at school for around 7 years [Schools here are very pushy about learning our "Native Language" even if we have no desire to learn it. Also schools here suck at teaching that one language].

I have tried learning Japanese for the best part of 4 years. Started up Spanish as it was a lot easier and I haven't even learnt how to hold the shortest of conversations in Japanese.

I have figured out that I am incapable of learning languages on my own. I simply cannot do it.

What are some other ways that I could learn any languages? I have been failing at this for far too long.

Sorry if this is in violation of Rule Two: Read the wiki before asking basic questions. I did not intend to violate any rules and am hoping that I am not violating any.

Usually the Wiki isn't as helpful/resourceful as my fellow humans. Also the Wiki does not know the pain of failing repeatedly at learning languages. I will also check Google for other suggestions, but I figure that posting here might be a bit useful for me.

submitted by /u/Angel_Slayer014
[link] [comments]

from Language Learning https://ift.tt/3aZJYSl
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments