I made a free tool for turning books and articles into vocabulary lists

Hello all.

One thing that has been a massive pain for me in language learning is how much time it can take to create vocabulary lists so that I can practise them. To solve this issue, I've made a tool which can make these lists for you. If you give it a PDF, EPUB, URL, or plain text, it will identify all of the unique words, translate them, and return a CSV which can be submitted to Quizlet, Anki, or another service to be practised or printed (CSVs are simple files which can be opened by Excel or even Notepad or other similar software).

Currently the tool is limited to English, German, and Spanish, but the only reason for this is because it will cost more to allow other languages. If you want another language added, feel free to ask and I'll add some more if this gets enough interest.

(Hopefully) enjoy!

The project is open source here if anyone is interested.

Feedback appreciated! I really hope that everything works but if it doesn't then please let me know. Best of luck with everyone's language learning.

Also, I'm aware that right now the website is not the clearest, but note that there is an option to remove common words (the "Remove stopwords" toggle) and you can also paste words in one of the boxes to exclude words you already know.

submitted by /u/Peter242322
[link] [comments]

from Ẹ káàbọ̀ https://ift.tt/3bjNhTt
via Learn Online English Speaking

Comments